Look around the room. Pick an object, any object that instantly appeals to you.
- Did you buy it or someone gave it to you?
- Do you remember what you felt when you first got it?
- How do you feel about it now?
- Is it something you would ever want to part with?
- Does your feelings or lack of them for this object tell you something about your current state of emotions, your life?
- Does it make you feel good in any way?
- Does it give you negative feelings?
It may seem like a trivial thing, but it is through parting the trivial that we reach deeper dimension of our selves. Try it, and see what it tells you.